The Bethel Township Highway Department is seeking applications for a part-time Roadmaster. The Bethel Township Roadmaster is a supervisory position overseeing the maintenance of Township roads, parks, sanitary sewers, public buildings and grounds. An important part of this job is scheduling and assigning work to crew members taking into account long-range plans, weather conditions, availability of equipment, and urgency of special requests. Work is performed under the policies and standards established by the Board of Supervisors with specific direction and review by the Township Manager and/or Assistant Township Manager.
Brief Description of Duties:
1. Assigns and directs the work of employees of the Highway Department.
2. Directs and participates in the paving, patching, and general repair of streets, curbs, guardrails, sidewalks, traffic control signs and markings, and drainage control systems.
3. Directs street cleaning, and snow and ice control operations.
4. Directs the maintenance and care of township parks and grounds, recreational equipment and structures.
5. Directs and participates in the maintenance of the public sanitary sewer system.
6. Responds to complaints and requests from the public for repairs taking into account previously scheduled work and the urgency of the request.
7. Keeps maintenance records, work time records, and other required reports and records.
8. Directs and performs routine preventive maintenance and repairs to construction and maintenance equipment.
9. Trains new employees, assigns and evaluates their work.
10. Purchases necessary materials, parts and supplies for the department after consulting with the Township Manager or Assistant Manager. Recommends purchase and replacement of major equipment to Board Liaison
11. Compiles and submits figures required for the preparation of the departmental capital and operating budget.
12. Performs related work as required.
The Roadmaster position is considered part-time working 32 hours a week. Applicants should have experience in building maintenance, snow plowing, minor repair work, and some electrical; a valid Class C Pennsylvania Driver’s License is required.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume and a letter of interest to the Bethel Township Manager William Addison at email@example.com by Wednesday, May 19th, 2021.