About the Board
The Board of Supervisors is comprised of 5 members who serve 6-year terms and are elected to office by residents of the township. The board is charged with the general governance of the township and the execution of legislative, executive, and administrative powers in order to ensure sound fiscal management and to secure the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of the township.
*By referendum, the Board was increased from three to five members in November 2011. Currently, terms of office are staggered. After 2017, all members shall serve terms of 6 years. The primary duties and functions of the Board of Supervisors include:
- General governance of the township and the execution of legislative, executive and administrative duties to ensure sound fiscal management, secure the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the township.
- Maintain township owned equipment and facilities.
- Employ persons and/or corporations as necessary to carry out the conduct and general business for the township.
- Authorize and reimburse for training and conferences by employees and public officials dealing with the duties and functions of such offices.
- Prepare and file such reports as required by law.
- Perform any other duties and exercise powers as may be imposed or granted by law or the rules and regulations of any agency of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Michael Davey, Esq., Chairman - Term Expires: January 2022
- Alex Giribaldi, Esq., Vice Chairman - Term Expires: January 2026
- Giovanna Iacono, P.E., MBA, Supervisor - Term Expires: January 2022
- Michael Schneider, P.E. Supervisor - Term Expires: January 2024
- Ray Stiles. Supervisor - Term Expires: January 2026
- Michael Maddren, Esq., Solicitor
Board of Supervisor Meetings
- 7:30 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of each month
- John L. Myers Memorial Township Building
1082 Bethel Road
Garnet Valley, PA 19060